Not sure how to get rid of a box spring?
Box springs can provide underlying support for your mattress, raise the mattress to a more convenient height, and protect the mattress by absorbing impact.
Box springs can usually last up to 8-10 years, depending on the quality. You’ll know it’s time to replace your box spring if it starts sagging or if the slats are damaged.
Unfortunately, most people don’t know the correct way to dispose of a worn out box spring. In fact, 20–40 million box springs are dumped in landfills in the USA every year.
These massive box springs also take up a lot of space in landfills since they are difficult to break down. As a result, many US states have started charging extra for box spring disposals.
But you can avoid these additional costs by learning the correct way to dispose of your old box springs:
Method 1 – Local Landfill
One of the most common ways people get rid of their box springs is by relying on local landfill sites. You can ask the landfill service to pick up the item or you can drop it off at the location.
Landfill sites are a popular option because they usually recycle box springs.
However, some disadvantages include high costs for pick-up or delivery and additional fees associated with adding box springs to their site. The biggest drawback here is that it’s not an environmentally-friendly option.
Method 2 – Through a Dumpster Rental Service
You can rent out a large dumpster to dispose of your broken box spring:
- You can get rid of additional items – not just your box springs
- The company usually manages the entire process – saving you time and energy
- There are some companies that charge by the hour
- You don’t know if your box spring gets recycled
- Not a good option for apartment-living
Method 3 – Via Junk Removal Company
You can get in contact with a local junk removal company for box spring disposal:
Here are some of the benefits of relying on a junk removal company:
- The company will do all the work for you including the heavy lifting, disposal, and clean up
- You can throw away additional items when working with a junk removal company
- Some companies charge lower fees when you throw away recyclable items
Here are a few reasons why people avoid junk removal companies:
- Your old box spring might still end up at a landfill site
- Some companies charge extra if your box spring is too heavy
- Some companies don’t let you select a pick-up and delivery time that works for you
But don’t let these drawbacks scare you – there are many junk removal companies out there like Junk Boss that’ll do everything in their power to work with your schedule and get the job done efficiently.
If you want to dispose of your worn out box springs, visit the Junk Boss website today.
We’re a turn-key junk removal and dumpster rental service offering the following services:
- Mattress and box spring removal
- Junk removal and hauling
- Garage clean outs
- Attic storage clean outs
- Appliance Removal
- And more
Additionally, we can help you get rid of unwanted items like:
- Old sofas and mattresses
- Warehouses filled with rubbish
- And many other types of unwanted junk
If you’re ready to dispose of your box springs, simply call 405-802-junk (5865) and schedule an appointment for a Free Quote at your desired location.
Contact us today to dispose of a box spring!